Have a glance at below mentioned cases:
“Hey there! I just updated my OS and QuickTime application on my system. After doing it I can hear no sound from AVI files that were playing well before update. Since all those files are vital ones, I really have to fix this issue very soon. Is there any way for fixing them up? If so, please do help me!
“Hello guys, I transferred few .avi files to my MacBook through an external Hard drive. Transfer process was interrupted due to loosely connected data cable. Again I reconnected the cable and finished file transmission but actual problem started then. Now I am able to see only dumb videos (visuals without audio sound effects). Can somebody suggest me to solve this issue soon? Please do help me out!”
Isn’t it embarrassing to hear AVI File corruption situations like above mentioned cases? Well the method to fix it is quite easier, all you have to do is patiently read this article without skipping any section.
First know the causes for AVI files playing without sound:
- Due to improper synchronization of audio and video streams, file corruption is possible here
- Due to missing Codecs that are used for encoding the AVI file
- If file is encoded in a format that cannot be read by QuickTime, then there will be problem in playing sounds
- If .avi file has damaged header part due to infectious virus
- If AVI file is terminated suddenly while still it is in use
Upon discovered the reasons behind QuickTime AVI with no sound issue, don’t get panic! Just try below mentioned methods to fix them up.
Method 1: Check other media players
Try playing the AVI files using some other media players apart from QuickTime
Method 2: Adjust QuickTime preference settings
- From main program menu, launch QuickTime application
- Select Edit menu
- Go to preferences and hit QuickTime Preference
- Tap on Audio tab
- Check for “Safe Mode” option
- Apply and relaunch QuickTime utility and check whether sound is playing now
If none of the above methods are making any change to your troublesome AVI file, then switch to next one.
Method 3: Using a reliable tool such as Yodot AVI Repair application
Upon troubleshooting some of the methods if problem still persists then ultimate solution is this application. It repairs not only AVI files but also DIVX, XVID files as well on QuickTime/ Windows Media player. This utility helps to fix .avi files recorded/captured using storage devices such as DSLR, mobile phones, Camcorders and other devices irrespective of its file size. Some of the Mac OS versions supported by Yodot tool are Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. Windows editions includes Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008.
Procedure to bring sound effects back on QuickTime AVI file
Step 2: After installing, run the application
Step 3: Select AVI file that is not playing sound in QuickTime player
Step 4: Click on “Repair” option
Step 5: “Preview” file once it is fixed
Step 6: Save repaired file onto destination location